Greetings fellow writers and authors in the Greater Austin, Texas area,
GET YOUR BOOK PUBLISHED IN 2014!!!
Is getting your book e-published your #1 New Year’s Resolution? Have you given up because you’ve received a pile of rejection letters? Do you have a completed manuscript (or two) or even previously published books just lying around gathering dust? Do you know the pros and cons of traditional vs. indie publishing? Then join us on January 25, 2014 at the LaQuinta in Round Rock for a one-day workshop (Course #1) on The Inside Track to Indie Publishing.
Since early 2012 my husband and I have been e-publishing original novels as well as the 21 traditionally published novels for which I had regained the rights. Because of my 20 years of experience in traditional publishing combined with 2 years of indie publishing, the workshop attendees will have the advantage of our experience in both worlds.
And we’re willing to share all the tricks of the trade and a lot of shortcuts!
Long story short, we currently have 38 books listed on Amazon. Our 7 newest books are also available as paperbacks (Print On Demand) and as e-books on Google, iBooks/itunes. Barnes & Noble and many others. This has led to thousands more sold and top rankings. We’ve also won several prestigious awards during 2013 in three major book award contests.
We are offering an introductory course that will tell you what you need to know to move forward with publishing your own manuscript. We have broken the course into two sessions.
The first session that is 6 hours long explains, educates and demonstrates what indie publishing is all about, what must be done and how to do it. The second session, also 6 hours long, is a hands-on, step-by-step live computer session that will result in your book being published on Amazon (if you have completed all the required preparation). In addition, with the second session, we are offering phone and email support to assure your success.
Course #1, will cover the following topics:
• The indie publishing business vs. traditional. [What is it, does it meet your needs for time and income, what’s involved and how it compares to traditional publishing, and how it relates to agents, editors, publishers and bookstores.]
• What’s between the covers? [What do you have to do to your manuscript and how do you make it blend in and still keep your story unique]
• You can tell a book by its cover. [You’re now the publisher, so how do you create a captivating cover even if you’re not creative or artistic]
• How to indie publish on Amazon [Publishing and the marketing decisions involved in the process and step-by-step requirements]
• Beyond Amazon. [How to turn you book into a paperbacks and post to the dozen-plus other book distributors / channels; from McDonalds to Google]
Course #2, Indie Boot Camp, will be a smaller class size so that everyone will have an opportunity to actually get their books uploaded and published during the workshop. This is a hands-on workshop requiring your book, blurb, author profile and cover[s] to be ready to go. By the end of the day, your book should be available on Amazon as an e-book and a paperback. We will be offering as part of the workshop package limited email and phone support to assure you hit the time deadlines. Course #2 will be priced at between $50 and $70, depending on the number of participants.
We are planning on holding the Course #1 workshop Saturday January 25th with the timing of the second workshop to be scheduled according to interest. The price for Course #1 is $45. Snacks and drinks will be provided. Lunch will be the responsibility of the attendee.
Space is limited, so make your reservations early at firstname.lastname@example.org or call Kathy at 720-841-2525. This is a chance to start 2014 off great and fulfill one of your New Year’s resolution!
Kathy Wernly, a.k.a Bob Kat, (a.k.a Kathy Clark)